Why Pre-K Counts?
Quality pre-kindergarten prepares children for learning beginning with reading and math skills, paying attention, following directions, and getting along with others. Pre-kindergarten gives children a chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students. This strong early start in pre-kindergarten means your child has a better chance of doing well in school, going on to college or career training and getting a good job. All of this can start by enrolling your child in a Pre-K Counts classroom!
Please note: Due to COVID-19 guidelines, Any student enrolled at an Elementary School Pre-K Counts location or the North End Learning Center will follow the Pottstown School District and will be 100% virtual learning. Any student enrolled at a Community Partner Site- KinderCare Learning Center, Wonderspring Center, Warwick Child Care Center, and the Pottstown YMCA Center will follow their guidelines.
Our Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- Be taught by certified teachers who have the expertise to foster the learning of young children
- Use a curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially
- Regularly review your child’s progress and choose instruction and learning activities that are best for your child
- Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Offer small class sizes (20 students with one teacher and one teacher assistant) so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers